PAEDIATRIC SUPPORT WORKERS BOLTON – Direct client employment.
Two part-time (19.5hours), permanent posts, weekends & after school.
Staff required to support an intelligent, fun & energetic12-year old boywith cerebral palsy. Shifts will be from 3.30pm to 8.30pm Monday to Friday, and 9.30am – 4.30pm at weekends with some flexibility possible for the right candidates.
Physically independent, our client requires support after school and at weekends to explore community activities and expand his social network. His wonderful sense of humour means this will certainly be a rewarding and enjoyable role. His complex social and family situation will require staff who like a challenge, understand their safeguarding obligations and are confident in advocating for the client.
Rates of Pay
- £11.50 perhour Monday –Friday
- £12.50 per hour Saturday & Sunday
- Double pay for Bank Holidays worked
- Full driving licence
- Ability to work the shifts required
- Flexibility & reliability
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Physical ability to undertake all aspects of personal care & manual handling
- Ability to think on your feet & dynamically risk assess activities
- Computer literacy
- Confidence in water e.g. swimming pool & hydrotherapy pool
- NVQ/QCF (H&SC or child/education related)
- Experience of working in client’s home & child health & social care delivery
- Experience using communication aids
- Experience of safeguarding procedures
- Understanding of cerebral palsy
Deadline – 31st July 2020.
Please contact email@example.com, or call 0161 445-5500 for an application pack (Ref: LCM35-20) Interviews will be held via video call.
Job offers subject to satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Screening & references.