MALE SUPPORT WORKER (Genuine exclusion under The Equality Act 2010)
Location: Tettenhall, Wolverhampton WV6
Reporting to: Employer
Rate of Pay: £9.00/hr Monday – Sunday
Part & Full Time Permanent posts (12-48 hours)
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance the life of a young gentleman living with a spinal cord injury in Tettenhall, Wolverhampton.
The client is currently taking part in an intense physiotherapy programme and is aiming to achieve as much independence as possible.
The physiotherapist attends 3 days a week and provides sessions within the client’s home.
Skills learned during the sessions will continue to be applied throughout the week in the absence of the therapist.
Full training and professional guidance will be provided by a specialist Neurological Physiotherapist
- the client with transfers
- Assisting the client with some aspects of personal care, predominately dressing & toileting
- Supporting the client to attend physiotherapy and hydrotherapy in the community
- Assisting the physiotherapist 4-12 hours a week (depending on shift patterns) within the client’s home
- Ensuring rehabilitation routines provided by the physiotherapist are followed
- Carrying out some domestic & cleaning duties
- Providing transport and support to and from appointments, social events, family outings, shopping
- Experience in the social care and rehabilitation settings
- Case management experience
- Experience in neurological injury
- Experience of working within the medico-legal or private health sectors
Hours of work:Various hours available, between 12 and 48 hours per week
Skills and experience:
- Driving licence
- A suitable vehicle with room to fit a foldable, lightweight wheelchair
- Vehicle insurance with business cover
- Ability to work on a rota basis to include days and weekends
- Abilities to work well within a team and have a positive and caring attitude
- Comfortable working within family home
- Physical ability to undertake all aspects of personal care & manual handling
This role would suit:Support Worker, Care Assistant
Someone who is friendly, patient and supportive. You should have a genuine interest in the provision of high-quality care and should possess the motivation to develop trust and understanding within the role. You should be hardworking, reliable, honest, have a sense of humour and be committed to providing the best care. In return, you will have the opportunity to practice your skills and keep up to date with professional development as any necessary training can be provided
Experience is preferred but not essential.
Job offers are subject to satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Screening (cost covered by the Employer) & references
Call 0161-445-5500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack & quote LCM-CM2519